I’ve been a bit quiet recently due to lack of staff at work and therefore little creative time. However I was delighted to log on and find that I have been nominated for a couple of awards, firstly the One Lovely Blog Award. I have been nominated by Pearly Queen Notebook http://pearlyqueennotebook.wordpress.com/ . Hoping that my link works.
I’ve been a bit rubbish at awards as I didn’t really understand what they were all about, but I think I’ve got the concept now. Apologies and many thanks to those who’ve nominated me before, I promise I will get the hang of this. So, thank you to Pearly Queen notebook and here are a few things you probably don’t know about me and my selections.
1. I went to belly dancing classes for years. Bryony got very good, but I didn’t.
2. Purple is my favourite colour.
3. People get very confused over how many children I have – what does it matter if they are not all mine!
4. I went to Texas to keep a friend company and I absolutely love it there.
5. Especially Austin.
6. I’ve now been to Texas twice and want to go again.
7. I can’t think of anything else, did you guess? Oh, Oh, I really like Hula Hut in Austin. I don’t know if it is a one off place or if there are lots.
My nominee are
Bryony as she started me on this blogging thing http://briikun.wordpress.com/
Mhhadfield as she kept me going when I didn’t have any followers, or friends as I now refer to them. http://mhhadfield.wordpress.com/
Meg for being my first friend http://megtraveling.com/
Kearney at adetailedhouse.wordpress.com for helping me with a desperate decorating disaster which is known as my living room. I can’t seem to get a link though.
Something went wrong here. I hadn’t finished and the computer cut me off in my prime! As I clearly have a ‘bad connection’ or something I’m going to publish and be damned, but I’d just like to mention http://terry1954.wordpress.com/ who writes a blog with amazing honesty. There are quite a few others but I’m going to save the ‘crafty’ people for a seperate list.
I have nominated Terry despite knowing that she has an array of awards, including this one already.
I’ve no idea why I’ve gone into bold, so I’ll sign off before something else goes wrong.